Monday, November 28, 2011

Meeting Jesus...

So the kids and I met Jesus today (yes again! He is EVERYWHERE)...this time we were at the Mount Joy Diner to have breakfast...This morning I awoke late, we were needing to leave the house at 7:30 to get to a Dr's appointment to check on baby Selah, well I woke up at 7:26 :). I quickly got the kids up and dressed and we were on the road at 7:45. The kids were decent at the appointment considering that we had not taken the time to eat before we left in such a hurry. When the appointment was done I sat in the parking lot on hold with the children's pediatricians office trying to make an appointment for Aurora, this took over 30 minutes! When I finally finished the call I was feeling bad that the children had not eaten yet and started to consider eating out somewhere, which was a very tough thought to go and spend $ eating out! but I prayed about it and felt the time with the kids was worth the $. Well while praying I started to think about (or maybe Jesus put into my mind) the Mount Joy Diner... While walking in a man held the door open for us, very appreciated bc of having 4 little ones and one on the way :)...He chatted with the boys for a minute and commented on how well behaved the were being. Then when we were being seated that same man came over and said "if you cover your meal I will buy your children's meals" WHAT A BLESSING!!!! Can you believe that?? I didn't I was quite surprised that a total stranger was offering, not just offering insisting, that he pay for my children's food! All I could think was wow Jesus must value me! The kids were great during the meal and we enjoyed playing some games together, the weight of paying for their food was lifted from my shoulders and any guilt I had for eating out was gone.  Towards end of eating he came over again and put tip on the table, chatted with the kids again, and left. The waitress then came over to tell me that he decided to COVER THE WHOLE BILL!!!!!!! I may not know that mans name but I assure you that was Jesus!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That is an awesome story thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my heart smile :-) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete