Sunday, March 13, 2011

This Past Week...

Wow does God ever have me on an exciting journey!!! For those of you know do not know this week we were asked to consider adopting a child from close to home born with HIV. His Mommy has to serve life in prison and was looking for an adoptive home, due to his HIV not many people were willing. Long story short we were not the lucky parents in the end but he did go to a wonderful christian couple!!!!!!!! I feel that I know with out a doubt why we were asked about this baby boy! This has opened up an opportunity for me to start an "out reach" or "ministry" group at the Lebanon Prison!! The counselor at the prison asked me herself if I would be willing to come in and talk with woman who are in prison, especially ones with children. She also said that she would like to be able to contact me when she was a mom is crisis who needs to place her child/ren. This could mean short term (days or weeks), long term (months or years), or forever (adoption). I believe that God has shaped this to fit me super perfect and already feel His energy through the preparations I have been making! I am hoping to gather a LARGE group of God Fearing Woman who will band with me to share Gods Grace and Love in the prison.

I would love to share more details at a later time :)

Ethiopia...The country has cut adoptions by 90% as of March 10Th. We are not sure what this means, obviously it means a much longer wait...Ryan and I are praying and waiting on Gods answer to continue or not.

Wouldn't it be just like God to Lead me to Ethiopia to start a prison ministry in my own back yard!!! I mean seriously...if God had asked me to go talk to woman in a prison last November I may have thought he was talking to the wrong woman...GODS TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!!

We still believe there is a Daughter in Ethiopia who we continue to call Truth...We are just now questioning the timing in which she may enter our family...If she is a baby now maybe she needs a couple years with her family before needing to be adopted. We are completely in support of Ethiopia trying to insure ethical adoptions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment